Saturday, July 18, 2009

Timex Men's Expedition Metal Field Analog Brown Leather Strap Watch #T46171


THis watch closely resembles the Expedition #T40051, with some alterations to the face, such as the placement of the Date window, but is very sturdy and reliable and the band is a joy.

Here in the heat of the desert those cheap resin bands (casio style etc.) get filled with my own slough and I hate such reminders of my own mortality. Those rubbery bands just do not breathe, and so I appreciate very much these thick (won't tear when caught on fencing, etc.) real leather bands. The crystal is also thick and can resist falling rocks and such, and the overall feel is very high quality and durable.

My only gripe is that I received it at the end of the month and tried to advance the date window from three to thirty and think I wore out the stem. SO if you get one, activate it by pulling out the little plastic tab on the date the window reads, or forget the window altogether, which is what everyone does anyway, as it is too small to read in any watch.

I love the traditional clock face, with the handy backlight, which makes the time very visible at night outside or in bed or at vigils long before dawn.

And of course, the Irish green is the only way to go!

Very comfortable and rugged and solid. A good watch.Buy Timex Men's Expedition Metal Field Analog Brown Leather Strap Watch #T46171!

No comments:

Post a Comment