Monday, June 21, 2010

Men's, Timex, Marathon, LCD Dial, Black strap, T59051


I've had this watch for more than 4 years. I still use the original battery. I love that it is so practical. The numbers are large so they are easy to see when in motion, like running or biking, or when awaking. I would have given this watch 5 stars but I gave it 4 because of one defect. The plastic ring holding the strap broke, and I found that I cannot find a replacement. Not in stores, not online, or anywhere else. Since the strap is made to be too long for the circumference of my wrist, it sticks out now, so it's almost impossible to wear it without losing it. I tried to glue it with with krazy glue and by melting the pieces back together but that was a short-lived solution.
Replacement bands are available only for Timex Ironman. From ecological and resource-conserving perspective, I should not need to buy another watch when all I really need is a little plastic ring for the band.
Before I decide to buy another Timex Marathon, I will look into whether Casio or Swatch make similar watches with a metal ring instead. Any alternative model would have to be thin and easy to see as the Timex. Also, I plan to look into the new OVA (optimal viewing angle) watches by Timex and the competition, as well as, ones with more holes in the band to allow ventilation and prevent perspiration from building up underneath the plastic.Buy Men's, Timex, Marathon, LCD Dial, Black strap, T59051!

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I've had and used this simple watch for years. I just loved it ... but somehow I lost it, and it seems it is no longer available for sale.

    I am really disappointed.

    ReplyDelete