Saturday, March 21, 2009

IRONMAN iControl Watch - Unisex by Timex


Overall it's a decent product. The control scheme is a bit confusing and the band feels cheap. But it does provide a lot of useful functions like lap timer and countdown timer. However there is one design flaw which ruins it - the remote adapter that attaches to the Ipod is too large. On a 4th gen Nano, the adapter almost covers the earphone jack. The Ipod pack-in headphones will fit, but almost any L-shaped connector will not. That means you can't use it with most of the headphones on the market. If I can't use the headphones I want with it, it's pretty much useless. It does fit okay on a 3rd gen Nano or full-size Ipod. But since I use it when I run, I don't want to carry a full-size Ipod. For a runner, get the Nike + iPod WatchRemote (Remote Watch Amp+) - Black/Dark Grey - WM0053-003 instead. It has a lot fewer functions, but it does the important stuff - tell time and control the Ipod. And it has a small enough adapter that I can use the earphones I want to.Buy IRONMAN iControl Watch - Unisex by Timex!

No comments:

Post a Comment